Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Late Arrival of the Finger Puppets

Yesterday morning I got a package from the States: six months' worth of junk mail and bank statements, some soap and funny stickers, and these finger puppets. What a great way to start the day! (Thanks Shannon!) Let me tell you, it's hard to stay grumpy when you're looking at a finger puppet. I'm seriously considering wearing them during my daily peregrinations around Paris...

Of course, the tarnish on the event was the fact that the package slip arrived almost a week ago - but the concierge (or gardienne) was on vacation and so our mail didn't get delivered (don't even ask - the building association doesn't want to pay for mailboxes to be installed, so we are the mercy of when the gardienne wants to climb the stairs and put the mail under our mat!). I really feel like yelling at someone about this state of affairs, but who? And what would the finger puppets say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home