Monday, April 09, 2007

Give Us This Day Our Not-So-Daily Blog

Hello again! Sorry for the rather long silence. Even bloggers need to shut up now and then. And last week had a weird feel to it -- sunny and chilly in equal measure, provoking allergies and mood swings alike. The death throes of winter competing with the birth of spring, or something like that.

So Passover and Easter came and went and I didn't really celebrate either (welcome to my secular life). It's a strange thing, the way I feel about holidays and rituals: on one hand I don't really care - "just another day" - and on the other hand, I kind of regret not going to church or a seder or, at the very least, unwrapping some foil-wrapped chocolate eggs (even though I can't stand milk chocolate anymore - but I do like the unwrapping part).

Instead, I stayed home the last few days with a chest cold, reading - of all things - Tom Friedman's From Beirut to Jerusalem. (I just now realized the irony of that...)

(p.s. The photo has nothing to do with this post but I wanted to give you a sense of how sunny it's been, sunny with long shadows.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home