Monday, March 19, 2007

And One More Torn Poster...

....'cause I just think they're so darn cool. This is part of the "patina" of Paris that the photographer Robert Doisneau talked about (but I can't find the quote anywhere). It's very inspiring for me as a painter, thinking of how to treat a surface: what to hide, what to show.

I did find this quote, which seems appropriate for the whole idea of "accidental art" - that is, stumbling into visual pleasures in Paris (or anywhere):

"Chance is the one thing you can't buy. You have to pay for it and you have to pay for it with your life, spending a lot of time, you pay for it with time, not the wasting of time but the spending of time." Robert Doisneau

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I really love this series of torn poster walls, and the quote, too!
~ L

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home