Monday, February 19, 2007

Stairway to Huffin' (and Puffin')

These are the stairs leading to my apartment, the stairs I take every day, up and down, at least once, sometimes two or three times (but not if I can help it). These are the stairs where I saw a mouse once, making me walk noisily ever since (figuring that if the mouse is around he'll know to vamoose). These are the stairs where a few days ago, after reaching the top (5th floor), I let my hat flutter, ever so gently, down, down, down, all the way to bottom, and had to go retrieve it even though I really didn't want to. These are the stairs that manage to keep me in reasonable shape in spite of myself. These are the stairs which one day, please pray, will have an elevator slicing right down the middle of them. I live in eager anticipation of that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

This one might also be called "Paris Gym, Part3" -- and I gotta say, what a phenomenal improvement over most gyms I've ever seen, aesthetically at least! And it never closes!
~L

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home