Friday, January 26, 2007

Carrot Soup!

Nothin' simpler. I threw about 6 or 7 thickly sliced carrots into a pot of water with some shallots, let it gently boil until the carrots broke apart with a fork, and then pureed the whole thing with a hand blender, adding salt, pepper, and flat parsley. Yum. There's something about bright orange food in winter that really cheers me up (and of course, it's essential that bright orange food is surrounded by the right colors; hence the pale green bowl, with multi-colored dishcloth serving as a backdrop).

So...carrot soup or baby food? You make the call.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

No wonder I can't lose any weight. Every time I read your blog, I get so damn hungry (and I don't even like carrot soup!).

5:08 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

orange in winter! cheery, oh yes indeedy: the orange color, the warm carrot-y frangrance, the warm bowl to hold in your hands, the important supporting roles of the colors in the bowl and fabric, and even the little sprinkles of green from the parsley ... i'm feeling cheery about it, even from thousands of miles away!
~ L

7:46 PM  
Blogger wampoline said...

Glad you like my soup from afar! I also made a butternut squash soup this week that was fantastic -- wish i could send you some!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home