Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Posting This Orchid Painting...

...because I can't think of anything else to blog about right now. The winter doldrums are setting in, and it's all I can do to stay awake after 7 pm.

Anyway, this is part of a new series I'm doing that includes fruits and vegetables and other objects against a colored background. I've been meaning to post these new paintings on my website and I will, I will. I just don't feel like it right now. I mean, did Matisse have to worry about websites and blogging? For that matter, do grizzly bears have to worry about such things? Because I feel like I have a lot more in common with a hibernating grizzly bear right now than a motivated, productive artist (as the pile of walnut shells on my desk can attest to).

For that matter, aren't you all hibernating too? Is anyone really reading this? If I fall asleep at my desk, will anyone hear the sound of walnut shells being scattered all over the floor?

Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

oh yes indeedy, believe me, i'm reading this, and anything else you've been posting!
and it continues to be a bright spot for me in the midst of my own winter doldrums. the orchid painting is a particularly bright spot -- thanks so much for posting it! now i'll patiently await further adventures & episodes, painterly and otherwise! ~ L

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home