Thursday, January 11, 2007

Resolution Number 4,036

Like so many other deluded souls out there, I am convinced that 2007 is going to be the year I finally get my proverbial act together, especially in the realm of exercise. And what better way to do that than to take morning walks up the hill to the Paris landmark of Montmartre? After all, I live only a quick 12 minutes' walk away from the "butte." (And let's face it, if I can't be inspired to exercise by Montmartre and its breathtaking view of Paris, then I may as well throw in the towel and accept being a lazy no-good slouch for the rest of my life. )

So that's my plan. For those of you who have been worried about my cardio health from all those years of inhaling second (and first) hand smoke in bars, fear no more -- the steps are here! And - pant pant, gasp, wheeze - there are a LOT of steps up to the top. No, I don't know how many there are. And no, I didn't count, because I'm not the kind of person who counts steps or cares how many there are (but I'm sure you can find dozens of bloggers who do). What I can tell you for certain is that it does me a whole world of good to be above the city, breathe different air, and see things from a different perspective. Why oh why did it take me nine months to appreciate the fact that such a wonderful place was right in my backyard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home