Saturday, July 22, 2006

Speaking of Art...



This big profile was floating in the Fontaine de Medicis in the Luxembourg Gardens last month. As soon as I get the name of the artist (a German woman) I will let you know. I looked and looked but couldn't find anything on the web about it, and haven't had a chance to go back and check at the park itself (don't even know if it's still there). If you've ever had the misfortune to be searching for something on a french official website, you'll understand why I gave up.

How's that for an informative blog posting? I didn't even take the photos -- those were snapped again by Lulu Stanley (thanks Lulu).

OK, so I'm feeling lazy today. I'd like to be floating in a pool of green water myself, to be honest...

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

wow, that is cool!
i found this page and it has some more info about what and who...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bip/sets/72157594154290181/

~ lisa

7:22 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

ooops, i commented a little too quickly last time!
i've learned more, and found that the link I included before gave the artist's name wrong.
the artist's name is lotta hannerz and she's swedish (oh no, another crazy swede!)
apparently she's done another piece in stockholm that was in the harbor by the opera house -- that one had a hand coming up out of the water. here's the link to that one:
http://www.nordicphotos.com/np/pages/static.aspx?pagename=photographs/
info&imgnr=323900
and here's the link to the artist's site, but it's exceedlingly minimal!
http://web.telia.com/~u86638128/hannerz/hannerz.html#
~ lisa

9:06 PM  
Blogger wampoline said...

Thank you Lisa! Thank goodness someone around here knows how to do research on the web!
(I pride myself on keeping a very high caliber of friends, ahem)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home