Monday, December 31, 2007

An Anti-Resolution New Year's Manifesto

Embracing Myself in the New Year (or, a Resolution to Stop Making Resolutions)

1. Lose 5 pounds. Embrace the curvy, food-loving me (and a new era of comfortable girdles called Spanx).

2. Be less judgemental. Embrace the critical thinking me (and move to the East Coast).

3. Exercise more. Embrace the sedentary, intellectual me (and live on the top of a hill).

4. Make more money. Embrace the carefree, bohemian me (and get another credit card).

5. Choose a career, for God's sake! Embrace the charming dilettante me (and pad that resume).

6. Moderate drinking habits. Embrace the happy, extemporaneous, drunk me (and buy some milk thistle).

7.Be more consistently productive. Embrace the last-minute, cramming, term-paper-in-an-hour me (and invest in a good espresso machine).

8. Be more diligent about writing this blog. Embrace the impetuous, unpredictable me (and revel in the fact that Blogger lets me post retroactively!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

LOL, I love it! Especially #2 and #6! I just found my 2006 resolution list and I've accomplished 2 out of the 17 in TWO years. As with planning & watch wearing, I don't think making resolutions is something I am meant to do.

Still...Happy 2008! Let's all live life to the fullest (whatever that may be at the moment), learn, fall down, get up, move on...

What will you call this blog when you move?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh, one resolution I probably will make is to buy another pair of Uggs. They are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn though I do feel guilty for the sheep (thank you, sheep!)...I won't eat veal, but I'll wear Uggs...what a hypocrite!

5:05 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

brilliant! beautiful! hooray! oh, and also brilliant!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home