Friday, December 28, 2007

"The Shoes"

Here they are, ready for their close-up! (Jill asked about them so I thought I'd give them a little blogging air time. I don't usually talk about fashion or clothes, but these seemed too good not to feature!)

I bought these babies back in April, in a fit of reckless credit card spending (is there any other kind?) just before my show at Bar Fleurs, when I quite deludely (delusionally?) believed that I would sell all of my paintings and get rich quick (NOT). Never have I worn, or considered wearing, such high heels (about three inches I think - but they seem even higher). They transform me from the size of a basketball guard like John Stockton (whom I once saw on a TV show referred to as "the diminuitive John Stockton" - at 6'1") to the towering stature of a forward like Kevin McHale (hopefully without the Herman Munster shoulders). Needless to say, it took me a while to get the hang of such high heels, and it's still a challenge to walk in them without looking like an inhabitual male cross-dresser.

But all that being said - I love these shoes. They are completely unnecessary and yet I couldn't imagine my closet without them. And because my wedding dress was borrowed, I can totally rationalize spending money on them "instead of" a dress - yay! (I'm very good at rationalizing purchases, BTW, in case you ever need any help with that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home