Friday, November 23, 2007

A Last-Minute Feast!


OK, I lied! At about 7h30 pm last night, something kicked in (tradition? habit? gluttony?) and I just HAD to make Thanksgiving dinner. So within 30 minutes I had a stuffing in the oven, and potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce all cooking happily on the stove. I didn't feel the need for turkey but my other half (who is 100 percent carnivore) did, and grilled up a couple of breasts (uh...I don't know how else to word that!). No pumpkin pie this year - in fact, no dessert at all, but we did manage to polish off a bottle of champagne (when in France...)

p.s. There is a quart of cranberry sauce left over, if anyone wants to come around...(No rush, I'm sure it will be there until we move next spring.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

What a beautiful use of color...even on your stove top!!! And look at those cranberries, LOL.

doG, I WISH I was there :(

Well, expect lots of visits once you move to New England...and I simply might not leave.

I hate cooking but your photo has me hunkering for a nice beef stew...

6:24 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

happy impromptu thanksgiving, y'all!
looks tremendously yummy & cozy.
love from l & t

8:34 PM  
Blogger menadel57 said...

hi 'im a french guy and i always listen ur song "le brio" even if it's an old one but in my heart it'll be always a recent song especially the longest version of "le brio" good musicians good voice with a beautyfull accent ^^ so i like ur paints to especially the ones titleled poeple with place ^^something like that i hope u'll answer me ^^ i send u my mail for more info or anything else ^^ angel_harper @ hotmail .com (without space)

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home