Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Results are In (and Published)

A huge cheer went up in the "VIP" room next to our blogger thinktank, when it was announced that Sarkozy has won, by 53 percent. People are being asked their first impressions - no one is surprised but of course some people are disappointed (like the 42 percent of voters in my arrondissement - the 10th -who voted for Royal).

The guy next to me just said that his head hurts and "it's hard to think", because he was out drinking with Norwegian journalists last night. I don't have that excuse, but I really don't have a lot to say right now. How do journalists do it? Come up with such quick reactions and comments? I need time to digest things. I don't think I make a very good "on the spot" blogger. As this post so pathetically shows.

(Which reminds me of what I said to my friend V the other day, explaining why I don't blog all the time - I'm the Toulouse-Lautrec of bloggers, I told her. You know, I do a little work and then go find the absinthe. Except what to do when there is an absence of absinthe? Well, there's wine in the VIP room - I'm heading over there now.)

p.s. That's Segolene Royal on the screen, about to give her speech. I can't remember what it's called in English - capitulation speech? My head isn't working either.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow I just got this sinking feeling that this is foreshadowing of what's going to happen in the U.S. elections in 2008! You know I never thought it made much of a difference who was president -- until Bush came to office. Turns out they can really screw things up.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home