Saturday, May 05, 2007

Blood Orange on Red Napkin

Sounds kind of like a haiku, doesn't it? This was part of an orange I ate at the beginning of the vernissage, and then forgot about and left on the hood of a car parked outside the bar's entrance. I don't know why I felt compelled to take a photo - I just liked the way it looked. Kind of like what I was trying to do in the paintings in this exhibit - a single fruit or vegetable floating in front of a rich color background. Though this one has the added touch of its skin off - hey, there's a new idea: Fruits in the Nude! (perhaps I could get Fruit of the Loom to sponsor me?)

I also like the way this shape conjures up many other things - butterfly, mussel, Pacman, etc...Amazing what a forgotten piece of fruit can do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home