Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Subtitles

As I prepare to leave this glamourous life in Paris for an unknown one in the States, I'm aware that many things - both large and small - will change about my daily environment and influences.

For one thing, I won't be reading subtitles in French every time I watch a DVD. I've grown so accustomed to reading the subtitles instead of listening to the dialogue, that I wonder if I will start subconsciously adding them in.

(Bonus points if you can guess which movie this is! Clue: It's Hitchcock)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Is it strangers on a train? totally random guess..

thanks for the blog posts! I love them and you. I haven't been blogging lately but yours are inspiring!! I hope to get back to that and yoga -- two things that fell away this winter.

Hope you're traveling is full of other great moments. Yes enormous changes at the last minute!

talk to you/see you soon!

Jill, on the 18th floor of a midtown building, looking out at the skyline and the flags/birds/plastic bags fluttering in the wind...

5:57 PM  
Blogger wampoline said...

Yes! More than a year later, I am here to say, Jill, you were right, it was Strangers on a Train. Good work! Never say your guessing skills go unappreciated...however belated.
The truly strange thing is me looking back on this blog after not "being in it" for a long time. I only opened it up today because i got a comment in my mailbox - from Singapore, of all places - and that prompted me to peruse some of the posts. Another life, another era! I am all the way on the west coast now, San Fran, and I think i will have to start another blog. It seems I need this online forum for talking, even if no one is there reading it. It's like a tonic for my soul, really and truly. And so i'll see you on another blog, very soon!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home