Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pink and Purple Sky at Morning

Nothing like a full-blown allergy attack to get me up before sunrise! And what a beautiful sky to wake up to. I figured I might as well make the most of it. So I swilled some old cough syrup I found in the medicine cabinet, inhaled the morning air, and took this photo - before stumbling back into bed for another couple of hours.

Today was one of those notorious "Getting Things Done" day. Even though the weather still resembles a wet, gray, dog blanket, I was determined to stay motivated and cross a good handful of things off "The List." And I must say I am almost delirious with a sense of accomplishment! Not only did I clear my email inbox (a truly heroic task), I also managed to organize art and photo files on the computer, start updating my website again, and begin a whole new set of lists for various projects (I know that making lists may not seem like a real accomplishment, but just humour me). Then I wrote a "real" letter to my 91-year-old aunt, went to the bank AND post office (not for the faint-hearted), and even found time to wash a canvas purse that I've been wanting to use but has been filthy for two years. Things just seemed to flow smoothly today. Why, the health food store even took back my squishy pickles!

Of course you may wonder at this point, based on earlier revelations made by yours truly, if all this activity is not in fact a sign of procrastination about something else. And you would be right! There are other things I'm supposed to be doing - but I feel sure that they too will be done in their own time. Just gotta keep making the lists, and updating them, and moving the pieces around on paper and in my brain, so that I will keep myself just anxious enough without actually being stressed...distracted enough without being confused...happy enough without being complacent... It's a tangled web I weave, believe me. But I do manage to catch some flies in it now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home