Monday, May 21, 2007

Clouds Above Bastille

I've been looking at real estate prices again (what can I saw? old habits are hard to break), and I'm amazed at how high the prices are in the 4th arrondissement around Bastille, which is less than 2 miles away from where I live. Example: a 17 m2 studio (that's less than 200 square feet!) is going for 130,000 euros - not counting the renovation work needed. Hard to imagine this area hosted an old decrepit prison at one time.

(Tho' it's too bad we can't jail whoever designed that opera house - that's right, the ugly, un-graceful bathroom-tile thing you see hulking in the background).

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Still...seems cheaper than the Bay Area. The 'condo' around the corner (1700 sq, two bedroom with 'bonus' room off the garage...a lower unit-I know, huge compared to France, but still...it's an apartment for doG's sake!) went for 1.4 million or so. I already told you about the mini vineyard in lower Pacific Heights...can't imagine what that would sell for.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Dya said...

Funny that you "critiqued" the Opera house because I never saw it look so handsome as it does in your gorgeous photo!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home